The second conference organized by the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium (IRDiRC) in collaboration with the BGI is gathering stakeholders active in the field of rare disease from across the globe. It will be held on 7-9 November 2014, with two days of conference - where four exciting parallel tracks will take place in the topics of Diagnostics, Interdisciplinary-Technologies, Therapies, and Educational - and one day of valuable training course.
This conference aims to raise awareness of the topic of rare diseases around the world and to foster international collaborations involving Chinese researchers and clinicians. It will provide unmissable opportunity to network with different rare disease communities from Europe, North and South America, Africa, and Asia-Pacific. We hope this will encourage and motivate investment of research and social resources in the field of rare diseases, to ultimately improve the diagnosis, treatment, and care of patients and their families.
Highlights of the Conference
- The educational track on 7-8 November
- A training course on genetics on 9 November
- A matchmaking workshop to facilitate collaboration between clinicians and scientists
Key Features of the Conference
- Access to big data and samples platforms, current discoveries, and advanced technologies
- Face-to-face meeting: bridging communication and collaboration with the international community
- Ideas, knowledge, competences, and propositions sharing for new inspirations and investments
- Training, learning, and networking as fundamental sources for new therapies
- Unique activities including NGO forum, commemorative tree planting, photos exhibition, choral performance by patients
Benefits of the Conference
- For international researchers: access to find additional sample and data resources, including Chinese sample alliance, network of hospitals and clinics, local partners of genomic sequencing services and bioinformatics analyses
- For Chinese sample alliance and hospitals: opportunities to foster relationships and collaborations with international key players and research experts in the field of rare diseases
- For pharmaceutical companies: opportunities to learn more about cutting-edge researches and studies on rare diseases, leading to new ideas for pharmaceutical R&D, networking with medical doctors and clinicians
- For medical doctors and clinicians: training from top international and Chinese experts about genetics and rare diseases (10 credits offered by Chinese Healthcare Organization), networking with international and Chinese key players and experts, expansion of career path
- For non-governmental organizations: sharing and acquisition of international knowledge about rare diseases, including new pharmaceuticals, therapy, and prevention
The main working language of the conference is English. However, to facilitate understanding, Chinese-English simultaneous translation will be available during the conference plenary and parallel sessions.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org either in English or in Chinese.
Participants who are not citizens of China may require an entry visa. For more information, please consult the practical information page.
Registration is now open!
Please click here to register!
(For Chinese participants wishing to register and proceed with payment in CNY, please click here.)